Sunday, May 27, 2007

Driving the underground


Yes "Driving the underground". In fact I was sit at driver's place... This because the Torino underground (actually: one line) is without any driver so there's some place on the top of the train :-) --- Thanks to Ming from New York DP that showing Washington underground recalled me to this photo I took some time ago.

Sì, "Guidando la metropolitana". Ero infatti seduto al posto del guidatore... Questo perché la metropolitana di Torino (al momento con una sola lina) è senza guidatore sicché v'è qualche posto in testa al treno :-) Grazie a Ming di New York DP che mostrando ieri la metropolitana di Washington, mi ha portato a questa fotografia che presi qualche tempo fa.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

isa said...

I can't look too long - I'm claustrophobic ;-)

yournotalone said...

Wow you've git the tube in Torino?

JM Vigil said...

I can feel the movement. Great shot!

Nikon said...

Fascinating shot - really shows the motion.

calusarus said...

Really an impressive shot. Speed rendering is well done.

Pat said...

I agree with the above! Great photo of the "tube". My father used to drive the "subway" in Toronto many years ago.



My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

Bergson said...

Your photography makes me think of 2001 odysée of the space of Kubrick

Beetle said...

a motion picture...What a shot!

Chris said...

A lot of movement in this photo - very well done!

Bob Crowe said...

At first I thought you meant that you took this while you were driving! It immediately made me think of driving through the st. Gothard's tunnel, which I found a little scary.

I like this picture because the vanishing point is off center. One color dominates but that streak of yellow near the center gets my eye. It imparts more energy.

Bob

St. Louis Missouri Daily Photo Blog

Gaëlle said...

Impressive picture... and beautiful by the way!

JaamZIN said...

wow this is very dynamic. And great contrast to the next photo!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Very impressive! i like the feeling of clean speed it gives !

Kala said...

very kewl effect!!!

Ming the Merciless said...

Amazing photo, Fabrizio!! Simply beautiful!! I love the colors and movement in the photo.

albi(francesca perani) said...

bellissima( io non ho ancora provato la metro torinese)!

Wendi said...

Brilliant!!!!!! -Erinn ;)