Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lampioni di Torino

I saw you noticed, yesterday, the street lamp. Yes the 80,000 streetlamps of Torino are a bit different from ordinary streetlamps. Please, take a sec to enlarge the photo. You will see some more detail.

Ho visto, ieri, che è stato notato un lampione di Piazza Carlo Felice. Sì gli 80.000 lampioni di Torino son lievemete diversi dagli ordinari altri lampioni cittadini. Perdete un momento ad ingrandire la foto: scoprirete alcuni dettagli.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Saretta said...

Torino has beautiful architecture! And you capture it so well!

Jilly said...

A gorgeous image. Such beautiful detail in the building as well as the lamps. They are almost 'crowned' aren't they?

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Thank you Saretta.
Jilly you centered the point. Yesterday night when I published the photo and writing the caption I searched a lot a feedback on what I was thinking: on the top of each lamp there's a sort of crown and it has a sense considered that Torino was Capital of Savoia Kingdom since 1713 and Capital of Italy since 1861.

Unfortunatel I didn't find anything able to confirm my (and your) supposition so not being used to write what I think or I suppose but only what I can (as everybosy can) verify, I didn't mention "the crown" on the top of the lamps.

I personally love Torino street lamps and I will publish more of them :-) --- Thank you Jilly about the opportunity you gave me to talk about them (and our supposition eheh).

Sally said...

I echo waht Jilly says - I was going to comment on the gorgeous facade as well as the lamps like crowns!

Sally said...

I echo waht Jilly says - I was going to comment on the gorgeous facade as well as the lamps like crowns!

Kate said...

The crowns definitely make them look distinctive!