Friday, March 6, 2009

Giulio Cesare


I showed again this photo (here) but taken by day. Julius Caesar in front of Palatina Towers were one of four city gates to the Romanesque structure of Augusta Taurinorum the Romanesque city actually known as Torino. It was built in First century b.c. (between 1 b.c. to 99 b.c.)

Avevo già pubblicato questa fotografia (qui) ma scattata di giorno. Giulio Cesare che trova posto di fronte alle Porte Palatine. Le Porte Palatine costruite nel I secolo a.c. erano uno dei quattro ingressi alla struttura romanica che prendeva il nome di Augusta Taurinorum, oggi conosciuta come Torino.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Hilda said...

Both photos are lovely — just different ways of appreciating this entire scene. I am just awe-struck that something this old has survived relatively intact after more than a two thousand years!

Diederick Wijmans said...

Una foto eccellente con questi colori e con il cielo così scuro! Bravo!!

cieldequimper said...

Fantastic photo, the angle is great!

mikeacoyle said...

Lots of drama. Great photo. Did you do any enhancing in Photoshop?

calzetteros(s)e said...

impressionanti tutti e due le foto, ma comunicano due stati d'animo diversi. La prima mi rende più allegra:)

Hope said...

I want to thank you for your visit to my blog and the very nice compliments you have given me on my precious children. They are growing up so fast and my photos help me capture these wonderful days of childhood innocence.

This is maybe my 1st visit to your blog and I have looked through your photos. You have some amazing photography! Very nice!

Hope in Knoxville

Virginia said...

I am almost dizzy but it's worth it to see this great shot. It's gorgeous Fabrizio!
V

Jilly said...

Love both and can just see you crouching low to get these superb shots.

Saretta said...

Che bestia! No, scherzo! E' una foto spettacolare!

abc said...

Both photos are great, but I like this one best because of the dramatic lighting and sky. Just your kind of shot Fabrizio.

magicpolaroid said...

molto bella, gran contrasto di colore!
Luis

Chuckeroon said...

Well, Fabrizio.....a written comment from me is rare, but how could I miss "our" Julius? Afterall, we still use his roads here.